Store Manager Job Description
● Create a positive, harmonious, and safe work environment with open communication and a focus on putting the customer first.
● Become familiar with and epitomize our company’s mission, vision and culture.
● Oversee operations of store to include Points of Sale/technology, store appearance/cleanliness, product merchandising, marketing, store layout, and sales.
● Direct and oversee the recruitment, selection, training and development of staff to build and sustain a high performing team.
● Manage the performance of staff including appraisals, disciplining, counseling, coaching, motivation and mentoring. Keep accurate and updated files on each staff member.
● Create achievable sales expectations (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly) and encourage all staff to meet and/or exceed daily sales goals by reviewing goals daily and holding staff accountable to customer interactions.
● Use historical data to make sales projections and create sales strategies to actualize them.
● Review sales performance daily and tweak as necessary to hit weekly goals.
● Promote collaboration among staff to encourage a productive work environment
● Develop and implement processes to ensure the completion of tasks, paying mind to non-tasking while customers are in-store.
● Quickly and efficiently respond to and follow-through on all directives from management.
● Work within the store’s budget, closely monitor payroll, and cut back on expenses where possible.
● Analyze budget variances and take corrective action
● Analyze and interpret reports to make sound business decisions and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved
● Oversee the receiving, proper placement, storage and handling of all inventory within the store.
● Execute a loss prevention program and ensure that all employees are adhering to it.
● Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff.
● Provide staff with feedback, coaching, and performance evaluations.
● Create and share in-store and remote staffing schedules one month in advance.
● Ensure that store is operating in alignment with federal and state laws.
● Respond to customer feedback in a very professional and timely manner (store email daily, DMs on Instagram, Yelp and Google reviews)
● Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
● Oversee and monitor all cash operations to include cash logs, deposits and vendor/maintenance payments.
● Prepare reports on buying trends and customer requests and submit to Inventory Manager.
● Oversee the creation and arrangement of promotional materials and displays in store (gem cards, herb cards, info cards, etc.)
● Create business strategies to attract new customers and build the business
● demonstrate in-depth product knowledge and maintain awareness of new products and services
● determine advertising and sales promotions to market merchandise
● develop pricing policies in accordance with merchandising and trends
● ensure accurate and competitive pricing
Crystal Love Collective provides Health coverage and paid time off.